GIVE AS MUCH NOTICE AS POSSIBLE TO ARRANGING BACKUP SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO MEET YOUR ROTA DATE
- Be aware of the Guidelines to Readers
- Give as much notice as possible to arranging backup should you be unable to meet your rota date.
- A good contingency plan is to take along to the studio a copy of any of the authorised newspapers. It is no substitute for the efforts of the regular editor but it will enable you and the readers to improvise recording at least a limited edition.
- Check that the readers and yourself have entered your names in the comments book (this helps in the preparation of the next rota).
- Ensure that there is a backup stick/USB in the recorder.
- Make a final check of the settings on both recorders.
- Agree with the readers any methods of communicating between you i.e. they raise their hand should they need to interrupt reading.
- Correcting the style of an individual reader may be counter productive in that they may become self conscious to the detriment of future reading.
- Before commencing recording you may find it worthwhile to repeat points 2,3,4 and 5 of the Readers Guidelines
- Dissuade any attempt at censorship or bias in selection of articles read.
- Be sure to change both sticks/USB should you have cause to delete and record again any reading spoilt by a bout of coughing or other extraneous noise
- Use your best on the spot judgement to deal with any problems that may arise.
- If despite everyone's best efforts it has not been possible to prepare a recording it would be helpful if you could so advise the duty copier of the week so that they avoid a wasted journey to the studio.
REMEMBER NOT TO MAKE A NOISE YOURSELF.